NEURODEGENERATION RESEARCH LABORATORY (NDAL)
PROTECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA COMMUNICATION PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data is processed by Koç University Hospital, the institution of Koç University (“Koç University Hospital”) (”Institution”) as the data controller in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 (“Law”) within the scope as specified below.
1. Purposes and Legal Grounds for Processing Personal Data
Your collected personal data may be processed for the purposes of conducting communication activities of the Institution within the scope of receiving, evaluating, and finalizing your questions, opinions, requests, or suggestions through the contact form on the website of the Institution (“Purposes”) in accordance with the personal data processing conditions and purposes set forth under the Article 5 of the Law.
Based on the legal ground that processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject;
- Conducting visitor, client, patient (product or service buyer) or candidate patient (potential product or service buyer) relations management processes,
- Updating the visitor, client, Patient (product or service buyer), or candidate patient (potential product or service buyer) information,
- Carrying out the necessary work by our business units and the relevant business processes in order to benefit the data subjects from our services,
- Carrying out the necessary work to satisfy your requests, communication, suggestions, and complaints.
Based on the legal ground that data processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or protection of any right;
- Storing personal data during the general statute of limitations in order to constitute evidence in possible future disputes,
- Conducting communication activities,
- Satisfying the requests, suggestions, and complaints
Based on the legal ground that it is expressly provided for by the laws and is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject;
- Fulfilling the requests of official authorities,
- Providing information to the competent official authorities pursuant to the legislation,
- Ensuring compliance with the storage obligations stipulated in the legislation,
- Responding to data subject applications in accordance with the legislation and taking necessary actions.
2. Recipient Parties and Purposes for Transferring Personal Data
Your collected personal data may be transferred for the Purposes; to our suppliers, and business partners based on our legitimate interests and to legally authorized public authorities and legally authorized private institutions within the scope that is expressly provided in the laws and fulfillment of our legal obligations, in accordance with the data processing conditions and purposes set forth under the Article 8 of the Law.
3. Method for the Collection of Personal Data
Your personal data may be collected and processed in the physical environment through face-to-face requests and in the electronic environment via contact and registration forms, call center, website, and e-mail in accordance with the data processing conditions specified in Article 5 of the Law.
4. As personal data subjects, we hereby declare that you are entitled to the following rights, set forth under Article 11 of the Law:
- To learn whether your personal data are being processed,
- To request information if your personal data have been processed
- To learn the purpose of the processing of your personal data and whether they have been used accordingly,
- To learn which third parties domestic or abroad your personal data has been transferred to,
- To request rectification in case your personal data has been processed incompletely or inaccurately and to demand the operations in this regard be reported to third parties your personal data has been transferred to,
- To demand the erasure or destruction of your personal data in case the reasons necessitating the processing have disappeared even though it was processed in accordance with the Law and other relevant provisions and to demand the operations in this regard be reported to third parties your personal data has been transferred to,
- To object the occurrence of any consequence that is to your detriment by means of analysis of personal data solely through automated systems,
- To demand compensation for the damages that you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data.
You may convey your requests concerning your rights listed above, to our Institution in accordance with the relevant legislation. If you want, you can convey your application via the application form (Data Subject Access Request Form) which is accessible at https://www.kuh.ku.edu.tr/kisisel-verilerin-korunmasi website. If you do not want to use a printed form, you can submit a petition with a wet signature, by adding your name, surname, TCKN, place of residence or workplace address, e-mail address, telephone number for notification, and your request; pursuant to Article 2 of the Communique on the Principles and Procedures for the Request to Data Controller. You can submit your application by the following methods;
- By mail, in written form to the “Davutpasa Caddesi No:4 34010 Topkapi, Istanbul” or
- By e-mail, via your registered e-mail address to the email@example.com
Depending on the nature of your request, your application will be concluded as soon as possible, within 30 days at the latest and in principle, free of charge. However, if the process requires additional costs, a fee may be demanded according to the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.